Friday 27 November 2015

sketch dump

while I still believe I have some final polishing to do in the FMP. I am happy with the final look of the character. by increasing the use of symbolism I was able to give the project even more depth and purpose.
first idea silhouetted 



then I thought of using mannequins as they are made to look like the idea every-man.
the biggest problem was that my character needed hair and mannequins generally dont have that


I quite liked the artist doll and fire look, but i felt it would lend more to a stop motion than animation, and like the mannequin there is no hair

I decided to pursue the silhouette idea


the real turning point was when I saw this image by Shaun Coss. when I thought it looked like it was made of blood the epiphany struck. Symbolizing the blood cancer like this would add a whole new layer of meaning and depth to the character design.








over all I am very happy with the final look of the character and I look forward to carrying it on through the FMP

No comments:

Post a Comment