Sunday 8 November 2015

critique

update--

in our critique, my animation was generally well revived. it has however been suggested to me that I slightly modify my character design, as I molded it on my old self, I had no trouble connecting to this very personal character. As my tutors rightly pointed out this wouldn't be the same for everyone. we have agreed that I will make the character more silhouetted and less personal so as to reach a greater audience.
 to do this I need to change the characters hair and colour properties to something less like myself that is more relate-able for a wider audience.

I quite agree with this dissension, as I think that even though it is a very personal story I am dealing with, that doesn't mean the animation has to be just for me. it was a somewhat pinhole vision of my narrative, and while I could easily relate to a character biased on myself, a wider context needs to be taken into account.

No comments:

Post a Comment