Tuesday 3 November 2015

character design 1


with the idea solidified its time to start drawing
As I have chosen to do an animation, the first thing I need to do is create the character and style i'm going to use for the narrative.
this first step is immensely rough and is basically just me getting an idea of how things will progress visually so I have a better understanding on how the character will look in motion. this my seem counter intuitive to be laying out how a character will move when I haven't even designed it yet. the truth of the matter is that I already have an idea in my head of what the character will look like, putting it on paper just helps me to visualise it better, so i know that I wont encounter any problems with the motion and design not matching.
even if its just a stickman my mind can project the character on to it, then all i need to do is refine the design and get it on paper.
if i can imagine it clearly, I can draw it clearly.



this also gives me a chance to look up the technical aspects. in this case of this animation the character need to be walking.
so i first look up how a walking animation looks frame by frame, this reference helps me figure out an estimated time scale for what I need to do and  gives me a way to pose the character whilst i'm drawing it.
it is important that whilst i'm designing that I don't create something that would look unnatural in motion.

this image from ""https://animationbegins.wordpress.com/2012/01/14/experimental-stop-motion-animation/ "" is similar to how my character will be constructed, it is therefor the most logical skellington to use. by using this as reference can begin to make a character and start planning the animation for how he will change.



No comments:

Post a Comment