Tuesday 3 November 2015

Learning Agreement

with the planning over I can now begin writing my learning agreement and start time tabling myself.

this is my initial summery at the beginning of the project, (do note that the learning agreement will change with feedback and other influences as the project progresses)

For this project I will be creating various character Designs and a short animated sequences involving them, to help inform and test my FMP outline and narrative, to be built on in the next project.

Using the animation techniques I have learnt so far throughout my last few projects, I plan to expand on them with the use of more classic illustration practices and methods.
I will be focusing on the traditional animation and the use of line and watercolour / ink to create a somewhat minimalistic design that focuses on character change and progression through a contained story as well as the use of colour theory to project emotion in a wordless narrative.
I have chosen to use traditional media as I am not yet well versed in its procedures as my past animations have all been digitally focused. This project will allow me to expand my skillset and understanding of animation even further and increase my skill marketability.
I will be using digital software to edit and sequence individual frames into a short test animation using flash, toonboom, TVPaint Animation, aftereffects, and photoshop but the bulk of the work will be done on paper.

This is a story i’ve been wanting to tell for a while now and revolves around my own experience with Hodkin’s lymphoma and the effects that chemotherapy had on me during that time, both visual and mental. It is my hope that sharing this story may in anyway help others to better understand the effects that fighting cancer has on the individual. Being a very personal story I am also viewing it as a form of self-therapy with the hope of inspiring others to also creatively deal with the issues that come after such an ordeal. The story will document symptoms, treatments, and effects.
I will be presenting this animation as an online blog and video piece so that I may also look into self-publishing work on a social sights and how to raise the profile of a piece independently.
It is also my intention to research various lymphoma associations with the future intent of seeing if my FMP would be of interest to them in terms of publishing and marketing, as well as procedures of doing work within non-profit organisations. 


Looking at related works and narratives used in animations will help to both expand my creative horizons and provide various points of reference. This will include works from other survivors and studios, such as “Studio AKA” and how they have expressed the subject through their various mediums and practices.   

to seen a full version of the learning agreement download the PDF form the following link
http://









No comments:

Post a Comment