Monday 21 March 2016

Major project 7

Finally got my new Winsor and Newton Inks so I can get to work on the traditional animated parts :)


finished the ornate lettering for each page, took a surprisingly long time, using a dip pen and detailed paint brushes and having to wait for them to dry













some people would say im crazy doing this in the traditional form and using the time costly techniques that they used on actual manuscripts. but hey, im all about authenticity and I want the finished animation to look like a genuine medieval beastary, with my own artistic flare thrown in.
doing this for the rest of the animations going to be a major source of aggravation and very time costly with the additional research and actual making, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  
really starting to wish I didnt have that stumble at the beginning of the project that wasted so much time. still good practice for tight deadlines.

bonus test drawing using my older ink:




No comments:

Post a Comment